A 60-minute podcast in which Author Andrew Buckley joins Kelsey and Kaisha to discuss the writing humor, reading The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and adopting the devil incarnate. He also shares some tips on landing an agent and getting out into the world as a writer.
Diversity of options available to writers.
- Andrew gives us an overview of hisjourney, and how each opportunity presented itself. (He also tells a pretty awesome cat story!)
- He gives advice for authors when it comes to exploring the diversity of the writing industry.
The value of a literary agent.
- Agents are often abstract, sometime mythical creatures in the eyes of new and inexperienced authors. Andrew explains what his agent does for him and why his agent is important.
- He tells us how he landed his agent.
- He gives advice for authors surrounding finding or keeping an agent (IE: Do I need to find a maiden to place in an agent’s path in order to tame him or her as one would do to tame a unicorn?).
Authors and public speaking.
- Andrew explains what he does for public speaking engagements, how they help his career, and shares a bit of advice for those of us with stage fright.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- What made this story impactful to him as a writer.
HAIR IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES 2: THE PERILS OF GROWING UP WEREWOLF.
- scheduled to be released October 3rd. Pre-order it here!
- upper MG series
- The first book was released in July 2016 from Month9Books and was then picked up last Fall by Scholastic book clubs for distribution in North America. Check it out here.
- The sequel comes out this year with book #3 tentatively being released Fall 2018.
Andrew’s speaking engagement happening at Geek Girl Con Sept 30th/Oct 1st
- The ‘Not So Happily Ever After’ Storytelling Workshop – October 1st – 1:30-2:30 in the Chell Room
Check out Andrew’s bio here.
Don’t miss Andrew’s awesome answers to our Proust-ish Questionnaire.