The Proust-ish Questionnaire
Abigail is Read.Write.Repeat’s February guest. Her podcast episode will air Sunday, February 18th, at Noon Pacific Time. Don’t miss it! In the meantime, read the article Abi wrote for Kelsey back in January of last year on what it is like to be a published author.
Q. If not yourself, which fictional character would you be?
- Elizabeth Bennet, because then I could marry Mr Darcy!
Q. Who are your favorite heroine and hero from fiction?
- I just love Amelia Peabody Emerson and her husband Radcliffe Emerson.
Q. If you could have dinner with any three authors, dead or alive, whom would you dine with?
- Charles Dickens, Agatha Christie and Louisa May Alcott
Q. Do you have a current or “forever” favorite book?
- My Favourite book is Little Women/Good Wives, closely followed by Anne of Green Gables
Q. Which fictional character would you want to befriend?
- Hercule Poirot
Q. What villain from fiction do you love to hate?
Q. Tell us about the books in your life that have fed your soul, brought you solace, pleasure, or joy, or eased your mind.
- The Help- I was up until 2:30 in the morning with that one! Good Wives- I read it whenever I feel down. Pride and Prejudice- I read it as a young teenager and it shaped how I looked at the world a lot.
Q. If you could exist in any story world, which would you choose, and why?
- I would love to be in a P G Wodehouse world! Country houses, cocktails before dinner, biggest problem is that the cook is leaving…
Currently living in the Highlands of Scotland, Abigail has had numerous short stories published, most recently in Drabble, The Flash Fiction Press and Mystery Weekly. Her first teen novel, Victoria’s Victorian Victory, is available on Amazon, as well as her short story collection entitled My Year of Stories. When she’s not writing she’s usually to be found reading, napping or sampling a good wine. Or sometimes all three. She blogs at bewritingblog.wordpress.com and can be found on Instagram and Twitter as @abiwriting
Connect with Abigail Shepherd:
Check out Abigail’s website https://bewritingblog.wordpress.com
You can also connect with her on your favorite social media platform:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/abiwriting
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abiwriting/
Don’t forget to check out My Year of Stories
In December 2015 Abigail came to the decision that she was finally going to be a published author. She began writing and submitting short stories, as well as trying once more to find a home for her young adult novel. The year that followed was an extraordinary journey from unpublished writer to debut novelist. In this book you are invited to follow that journey, with twelve stories to represent each month, preceded by an excerpt from Abigail’s journal, giving not only background to her work but an intriguing insight into a writer’s mind.
Amazon- Click here.
Kobo- Click here.
[…] Abigail Shepherd Answers the Proustish Questionnaire! […]