A tangent episode in which Kelsey and Dylan ask Kaisha all sorts or silly bookish questions in honor of her birthday. Come along as we discuss which Dickens character she would want to be. We chat about her current reading fantasy. Kaisha talks about which author she would want to be if she could be any author, past, present, or future. We revel in her strange obsessions and which author would write the best biography of her. We discuss who she would want to write her a book about cows and moss and so much more.
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
April’s giveaway is sponsored by author Dana Fraedrich. This month’s winner will receive a signed copy of both of Dana’s soon to be released Steampunk Novel, Raven’s Cry and an adorable, steampunk inspired key pendant. We explain more about how the giveaway works toward the end of the show notes. Read more about Dana’s giveaway here.
Listeners weigh in:
What words do you absolutely despise?
Let us know in the comments section below, or by tagging us on social media! Your response might be featured in an upcoming show and you will be entered into our monthly giveaway!
Don’t forget to weigh in on the questions we asked Kaisha. How would you answer?
- When you go into a new bookstore, what is your tactic for exploring?
- What Dickens character would you like to be?
- Do you have a favorite Dickens novel?
- What is your favorite ending to Great Expectations?
- What was your most disappointing reading experience?
- If you could be any author, past or present, who would you be, and why?
- What story in a visual medium struck you as a really good example of visual storytelling that couldn’t be done better in a written medium?
- What is your current dream reading setting?
- What is a book you had to read in high school and hated, and then read later in life and loved?
- If you could choose any author to write you a book, who would you choose, and what would the book be about?
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
- She’s No Man; She’s A Lobsterman : NPR
- Will Schwalbe The End of Your Life Book Club
- His Podcast: But That’s Another Story
- Mr. Peggotty from David Copperfield
- On Great Expectations
- Umberto Eco The Name of the Rose
- War and Peace versus Anna Karenina
- Other supposed “author’s greatest work” that wasn’t our favorite by that author
- James Patterson
- Nora Roberts
- Dean Koontz
- Stephen King
- Nick Dybek
- Dorothy Dunnett
- Dancer in the Dark
- Japanese Noh Theater
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- Donna Tartt
- David Mitchell
- Beverley Nichols
- Bertie Wooster on abstinence
- The hidden power of moss
Connect and Win!!
- April’s giveaway is sponsored by author Dana Fraedrich. This month’s winner will receive a signed copy of both of Dana’s soon to be released Steampunk Novel, Raven’s Cry and an adorable, steampunk inspired key pendant.
- To enter, simply follow us and tag us in a bookish photo or comment on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, or leave us a comment on our show notes!
- You can find other Giveaways on the giveaways tab and in the Give us a Shout tab on our website. Be sure to check those out. We ship worldwide, so don’t hesitate to enter our giveaway.
- If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts or ideas about what we should discuss next. Let us know. Fill out our survey for a chance to win cool prizes!
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!