Cheliss is one of the Wheels taking over Read.Write.Repeat! They are the graduating cohort in OSUC’s MFA program. You don’t want to miss what they have planned for their episode, which will air May 13th. In the meantime, check out what Cheliss has to say about some of her favorite books. You can read more about their project and the upcoming episodes here. Each of the Wheels responded to our Proustish Questionnaire, which will post every day between now and the 13th.
The Proustish Questionnaire
Q. If not yourself, which fictional character would you be?
- Sometimes I feel like I could easily be Asher from The Giver.
Q. Who are your favorite heroine and hero from fiction?
- Sal from Walk Two Moons.
Q. If you could have dinner with any three authors, dead or alive, whom would you dine with?
- Toni Morrison, Italo Calvino, Sharon Creech
Q. Do you have a current or “forever” favorite book?
- My current favorite book is All the Light You Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, but my forever favorite would have to be East of Eden by John Steinbeck (yes, old white dead dude).
Q. Which fictional character would you want to befriend?
- Holden Caulfield
Q. What villain from fiction do you love to hate?
- Absolutely Cathy from East of Eden. Steinbeck tries, but there are few redeeming qualities to the woman.
Q. Tell us about the books in your life that have fed your soul, brought you solace, pleasure, or joy, or eased your mind.
- I recently read Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year by Anne Lamott and maybe because I’m currently existing in my son’s first year, this chronicle brought me more joy and pleasure and solace than I could have ever imagined.
Q. If you could exist in any story world, which would you choose, and why?
- Hands down something along the lines of the world of Harry Potter.
Meet Cheliss Thayer
Cheliss Thayer is known for her short fictions that get at the heart of familial (dys)function. Both heartbreaking and strikingly honest.
Connect with Cheliss:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cheliss.thayer
- Instagram: @chelissthayer
- Website: www.chillyphotography.com
[…] Cheliss is known for her short fictions that get at the heart of familial (dys)function. Both heartbreaking and strikingly honest. In her segment, she explores the role writing played in her relationship with her partner. […]
LikeLiked by 1 person