Today Poet and MFA Director, Dr. Emily Carr plays her poetry game, Dr. Carr’s Word Forage, with us. We toss around multi-species labels, discuss the most recent dream we remember, and engage in poetry sabotage. Learn the creative value in cheating, stealing, and rigging workshops. Listen to Kaisha read in her epic Alfred Lord Tennyson voice. Discover the art of the “Sorry, Not Sorry” poem and so much more!
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
May’s giveaway is inspired by OSU-Cascades’ Wheel of Fortune cohort and their capstone project. This month we have 7 prizes to give away, each inspired by one of the 7 Wheels. That means we will have 7 winners! We explain more about how the giveaway works toward the end of the show notes.
Listeners weigh in:
Who performed your favorite reading of their Word Forage poem? Dylan, Kelsey, Kaisha or Emily?
Let us know in the comments section below, or by tagging us on social media! Your response might be featured in an upcoming show and you will be entered into our monthly giveaway!
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
- Multi-species feminists
- More on Dr. Emily Carr here. Don’t miss Emily’s last episode, Dr. Emily Carr & Interactive Artmaking: Poetry, Eco-Feminist Love Poets & Inspiring Creativity-Ep.36
- A bit more about Dr. Carr’s Word Forage game here.
- The Exquisite Corpse
- 4 dreams and a game
- Seal Owls
- Mean, chain smoking, Romance novel reading grannies
- Finger coffee
- Rigging the workshop
- Sabotaging poems
- The body and selfhood
- The problems with counting in a circle
- T.S. Eliot
- Revising history
- Emily Dickinson
- William Carlos Williams
- John Ashbery
- Elizabeth Bishop
- Sure ya’ do, darling
- The importance of sharpies
- You plump, I write poems
- I’m sorry, not sorry poems
- “This Is Just To Say” by William Carlos William
- No running on the playground.
- Last minute poem panic
- The Amazing TC Tolbert
- Kaisha’s Alfred Lord Tennyson voice.
Connect and Win!!
- Don’t forget that the Wheels from Episode 35 want your help on their capstone project. We need to hear from you, dear listeners.
- Participate and you could be featured in their June episode.
- In the least, you will be entered to to win one of our seven prizes, each inspired by one of the wheels.
- To participate, tag us in your comments, or use the #WheelsOnRWR.
- You can find other Giveaways on the giveaways tab and in the Give us a Shout tab on our website. Be sure to check those out. We ship worldwide, so don’t hesitate to enter our giveaway.
- If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts or ideas about what we should discuss next. Let us know. Fill out our survey for a chance to win cool prizes!
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!