In today’s episode, we follow up on the Wheels Capstone Podcast episode with a live audience. We asked you to participate and ask questions and featured those questions and comments in this episode. Tune in to hear us discuss the ritual burning of assholish comments and how to handle rejection. We dig into how and when to find places to publish your work. Hannah talks about moments of grace for a runnerd. Tiffany talks about taking scissors to her hair and manuscript. Rachel discusses world building. Pamela chats about being brave and writing in new ways. Karen shares her writing quirks and love for rhyming. Cheliss goes into more detail on creative relationships. We also chat about, chocolate delivery systems, figuring out the world, finding a writing community, and so much more.
Welcome to Read.Write.Repeat.
June’s giveaway is a book box picked in honor of Read.Write.Repeat’s one-year anniversary! We explain more about how the giveaway works toward the end of the show notes.
Our totally awesome intro was created by Mike Fraedrich. You can find more from Mike at mikefraedrich.com & brighttowers.com. The first one points to his Twitter, the second his music. Thanks, Mike!!
Books, quirks, and intrigues, oh my!
Audience Members who spoke:
- Emily Carr: ifshedrawsadoor.com
- T. Geronimo Johnson: geronimo1.com
- TC Tolbert: tctolbert.com
- Christopher Boucher: christopherboucher.net
- Beth Alvarado: bethalvarado.com
- Ru Freeman: rufreeman.com
- Distinguished Visiting Writer:
- Jennifer Tseng: jennifertseng.weebly.com
- Distinguished Visiting Artist:
- Horatio Law: horatiolaw.com
- Spencer’s awesome twitter feed: https://twitter.com/_Spencer_Adams_
- Yola’s poem has been published! https://www.natbrut.com/invisible-weight
- Check out Megan on her writer instagram (@meganh_writes) and here’s a link to her hubby’s podcast http://www.amusedcast.org/
- Silent Anatomies by Monica Ong
- Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude by Ross Gay
- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
- The Teeth of the Comb by Osama Alomar
- Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year by Anne Lamott
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg
- Sophie’s Choice by William Styron
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- everything by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- everything by Terry Pratchett
- Ahsahta Press
- Post Road Magazine
- Third Coast Magazine
- Northwest Review
- Writer’s Digest
Connect and Win!!
- June’s giveaway is a book box picked in honor of Read.Write.Repeat’s one-year anniversary!
- Participate or interact with us and you could be featured in our next episode and automatically entered into our monthly giveaway.
- To participate, tag us in your posts or leave a comments.
- You can find other Giveaways on the giveaways tab and in the Give us a Shout tab on our website. Be sure to check those out. We ship worldwide, so don’t hesitate to enter our giveaway.
- If anything sparked an idea for you, or you have thoughts or ideas about what we should discuss next. Let us know. Fill out our survey for a chance to win cool prizes!
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening to Read.Write.Repeat! Talk with you next time!
Photo by Denny Ryanto on Unsplash